We are looking for a qualified Fabricator to join our millwork team. Your job will entail working in our mill shop to cut, fabricate and install wooden, solid surface and other structures according to specifications. A Fabricator should have great hand dexterity and an eye for detail. The ideal candidate will also have good knowledge of wood properties and other carpentry materials. Working with little supervision while following all health and safety standards is essential. The goal is to contribute to the construction and maintenance of strong and long-lasting custom-built products for our clients.
You must have:
- 3-5 years experience as a millwork fabricator
- A valid drivers license with a clean driving record
- Ability to operate millwork shop machinery (Table Saw, Router, edge bander)
- Experience with building cabinetry
- Knowledge and experience on the laminating process
- The ability to read and understand shop drawings
- The ability to travel to job sites
- The ability to keep a clean and safe working environment and optimize space utilization
- Understanding of warehouse procedures and materials handling
- Good oral and written communication with the confidence to interact with multiple audiences
- Excellent time management skills
Bonus points for:
- The ability to read blue prints for field measurements
- Cabinetry installation experience
- A valid chauffeur's license
- Proven working experience as a warehouse worker
- Familiarity with modern warehousing practices and methods
The work environment for this position is a mix of a typical office environment, warehouse and visits to construction project sites. Intermittent movement will be necessary to perform requirements of the position such as accessing centrally located office equipment. The physical demands may require the ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and may be subject to frequent lifting of 60 lbs, bending, stooping, kneeling, and climbing.
Visits to construction project sites may involve travel. Site visits may subject the individual to hazards commonly associated with construction sites. Examples of physical hazards include noise, proximity to moving vehicles, atmospheric conditions, close quarters, uneven surfaces, and elevated surfaces. The individual may also be subjected to outside environmental conditions (weather) where protection may not be available.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including foot protection, hard hat, safety glasses, hearing protection, high visibility vest and/ or other special clothing to be worn as required on project sites and in the warehouse at all times.
Each day, we strive to provide and deliver more – for our clients and teammates alike. Rockford offers competitive compensation, comprehensive healthcare plans, generous paid time off, continued learning and training opportunities, on-site fitness activities, tuition reimbursement, 401K with company match, and flexible scheduling.