Construction Field Engineer
Did you like field day growing up? Cool! We have the job for you. We are hiring a Construction Field Engineer who will work on projects under the direct supervision of a project superintendent. Our Field Engineer provides interpretation of plans and specifications for contractors and suppliers. As a Field Engineer you will assist in the coordination of subcontractors to monitor work performances, progress, safety, and productivity. You will review, analyze and resolve field construction issues, discrepancies and clarifications with A/E, owner and/or trade contractor and will also manage submittals and RFI’s.
The ideal candidate must be a strong leader, a good communicator, and advocate for team collaboration, safety, and innovation. Does this intrigue you? Apply today to join our dynamic company.
You must have:
- Bachelors in Construction Management/related field or three years or more equivalent work experience in commercial construction
- Demonstrated the ability to manage logistical and mentally complex tasks
- The ability to travel extensively as required
- The ability to read and comprehend complex instructions, correspondence, memos, blueprints and floor plans
- The ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization
- Knowledge and understanding of the management of commercial construction projects
- Certifications in First Aid/CPR required
- Certification in Storm Water Management required
- 10 hours in OSHA training required
Bonus points for:
- Construction-related to Field Engineer internships
- Experience with MS Project and PlanGrid
- Proficient in MS Outlook, Excel and Word
- Knowledge of CSI format
Each day, we strive to provide and deliver more – for our clients and teammates alike. Rockford offers competitive compensation, comprehensive healthcare plans, generous paid time off, continued learning and training opportunities, on-site fitness activities, tuition reimbursement, 401K with company match, and flexible scheduling.