If you have a take-charge, positive attitude and love to be part of a hard-working team, apply for the Construction Administrator position. The selected candidate will work in partnership with a Project Management team, which includes Project Executives, Managers, and Superintendents to provide support on the day to day processes related to managing Rockford Construction projects. The Construction Administrator participates in a variety of project management activities such as managing subcontracts, the bidding process, change orders, cost management, and closeouts. This position will be the “hub” of the project team. Our Project Managers and Superintendents rely on the organization and scheduling of all critical deadlines by the Administrator.
This is a terrific opportunity to utilize your organizational and interpersonal communication skills while being a part of a collaborative, fun team.
You must have:
- An engaging, professional demeanor with excellent interpersonal and communication skills to interact positively with internal and external clients
- A minimum of an Associate’s degree or 2-3 years administrative / related field experience
- Experience in coordination of meetings for the project team including logistics, scheduling, setup, travel, etc
- Demonstrate initiative and excellent organizational skills, with ability to manage and prioritize a wide variety of multi-step projects and tasks with tight deadlines
- The ability to adapt and excel in an ever changing environment.
- The ability to solve problems independently while providing an atmosphere of confidentiality and discretion
- Strong skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
Bonus points for:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or construction management or related field experience
- Experience as a Construction Administrator or similar field
- Experience in using MS Project
- Familiarity with the construction industry and processes, terms
- Familiarity with BlueBeam
- Quick to learn new software
Type of Environment: The work environment for this position is a typical office environment in which physical demands require the ability to sit for long periods of time. Intermittent movement will be necessary to perform requirements of the position such as accessing centrally located office equipment.
Each day, we strive to provide and deliver more – for our clients and teammates alike. Rockford offers competitive compensation, comprehensive healthcare plans, generous paid time off, continued learning and training opportunities, on-site fitness activities, tuition reimbursement, 401K with company match, and flexible scheduling.