Assistant Project Manager-South East Michigan
We are looking for an Construction Assistant Project Manager to help plan, supervise, and handle the administrative duties on a wide range of construction projects from start to finish. You will assist with organizing and overseeing the construction process and ensuring projects are completed in a timely and efficient manner. An excellent Assistant Project Manager must be well-versed in construction methodologies/procedures and able to coordinate a team of professionals of different disciplines to achieve the best results. The ideal candidate will have an analytical mind, construction estimating experience,and great organizational skills. The goal will be to ensure all projects are delivered on time according to requirements and without exceeding budget.
You must have:
- A minimum of three years commercial construction experience
- An understanding of construction procedures and material and project management principles
- Familiarity with quality, health and safety standards
- Familiarity with construction/project management software
- Outstanding oral and written communication
- Ability to read blueprints
- Ability to negotiate, manage, and understand contractual arrangements
- Knowledge of the operating practices of construction, architectural, and building firms
Bonus points for:
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management or related field experience
- Good working knowledge of MS Office including MS Project
- Familiarity with construction/project management software such as PlanGrid and BlueBeam
- PMP or equivalent certification a plus
Type of Environment: The work environment for this position is a mix of a typical office environment and visits to construction project sites. When in the office, the physical demands require the ability to sit for long periods of time. Intermittent movement will be necessary to perform requirements of the position such as accessing centrally located office equipment.
Environmental Factors: Visits to construction project sites may involve travel and overnight stays. Site visits may subject the individual to hazards commonly associated with construction sites. Examples of physical hazards include noise, proximity to moving vehicles, atmospheric conditions, close quarters, uneven surfaces, and elevated surfaces. The individual may also be subjected to outside environmental conditions (weather) where protection may not be available. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required outside of the Job Trailer.
Each day, we strive to provide and deliver more – for our clients and teammates alike. Rockford offers competitive compensation, comprehensive healthcare plans, generous paid time off, continued learning and training opportunities, on-site fitness activities, tuition reimbursement, 401K with company match, and flexible scheduling.