We are looking for competent Foremen to represent Rockford Construction on our Trades projects and coordinate operations/team members. As a representative of Rockford Construction's Trades department and the "go to" person for our carpenters, the foreman is key for the completion of projects. The ideal candidate will have a solid background in the field of carpentry, leadership skills and extensive knowledge in the all trades disciplines. Preference will be given to the candidate that displays a track record of putting safety above everything else.
RequirementsYou must have:
- The ability to organize, prioritize, and manage multiple tasks
- Superior oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in rough and finish carpentry with above-average maintenance knowledge
- The ability to perform overall and general maintenance tasks.
- The ability to read and understand blueprints and knowledge of building codes
- Knowledgeable in electrical, plumbing and HVAC
- All necessary certifications for the operation of owned and rented equipment, i.e., lifts, boom trucks and bobcats
- A valid Driver's License
- Reliable transportation
- The availability to work a 1-week, 24-hour on-call rotation
Bonus points for:
- Experience managing team members at multiple job sites
- Strong skills in MS Office including Excel, Word, and Outlook
Environmental Factors: The work environment for this position may subject the individual to hazards commonly associated with construction sites. Examples of physical hazards include noise, proximity to moving vehicles, atmospheric conditions, close quarters, uneven surfaces, and elevated surfaces. The individual may also be subjected to outside environmental conditions (weather) where protection may not be available. The individual will be subject to frequent lifting of 50 lbs, bending, stooping, kneeling, and climbing. Use of power tools will be frequent. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including foot protection, hard hat, safety glasses, hearing protection, high visibility vest and/ or other special clothing to be worn as required on the jobsite at all times.
Each day, we strive to provide and deliver more – for our clients and teammates alike. Rockford offers competitive compensation, comprehensive healthcare plans, generous paid time off, continued learning and training opportunities, on-site fitness activities, tuition reimbursement, 401K with company match, and flexible scheduling.