Construction Administrator - Florida
We are searching for an administrative support person to join our Estero, FL office. If you have a fun, positive attitude and want to be a part of a dynamic, tight-knit team, apply for the Construction Administrator position. The selected candidate will work in partnership with the Project Team and will provide support for the day to day processes related to managing Rockford Construction projects and preconstruction services.
The Construction Administrator is the “front line” for the office and provides phone and administrative support. The right candidate will also assist in a wide variety of project management and preconstruction activities such as communicating with owners, clients and subcontractors, managing subcontracts, the bidding process, closeouts, and coordinating/attending trade shows and many other tasks.
This is a terrific opportunity to utilize your organizational and interpersonal communication skills while being a part of a collaborative, fun team.
You must have:
- An engaging, professional demeanor with excellent interpersonal and communication skills to interact positively with internal and external clients
- A minimum of an Associate’s degree or 2-3 years administrative / related field experience
- Experience in coordination of meetings for the project team including logistics, scheduling, setup, travel, etc
- Demonstrate initiative and excellent organizational skills, with ability to manage and prioritize a wide variety of multi-step projects and tasks with tight deadlines
- The ability to adapt and excel in an ever changing environment
- The ability to solve problems independently while providing an atmosphere of confidentiality and discretion
- Strong skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
Bonus points for:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or construction management or related field experience
- Experience as a Construction Administrator or similar field
- Experience in preconstruction / estimating
- Experience in using MS Project and PowerPoint
- Experience with estimating software
- Familiarity with the construction industry and processes, terms
- Familiarity with BlueBeam
- Quick to learn new software
Type of Environment: The work environment for this position is a typical office environment in which physical demands require the ability to sit for long periods of time. Intermittent movement will be necessary to perform requirements of the position such as accessing centrally located office equipment.
Each day, we strive to provide and deliver more – for our clients and teammates alike. Rockford offers competitive compensation, comprehensive healthcare plans, generous paid time off, continued learning and training opportunities, on-site fitness activities, tuition reimbursement, 401K with company match, and flexible scheduling.