We are looking for a thorough Construction Estimator to calculate costs for various projects and self-performing work in our Trades Department. The Construction Estimator will work closely with project managers, clients and subcontractors. The ideal candidate will be comfortable collecting, analyzing data and forecasting. You must have great attention to detail and have excellent communication and negotiating skills. This role is essential as it provides the company with accurate information that will help operations and strategic planning for the Trades Department.
- A minimum of 3 years estimating experience
- Have the ability to read blueprints
- Have experience Microsoft Suites including strong skills using Microsoft Excel and Project.
- Have the ability to understand the requirements of the project/program at hand
- Review documents or consult experts to collect all necessary data
- Be able to perform risk analysis
- Prepare detailed reports or bids for submission to appropriate parties
- Be able to select advantageous deals by evaluating offers and quotes
- Be willing and able to foster relationships with key vendors (subcontractors, architects etc.)
- Be well-organized and reliable
- Be comfortable with numbers and technology
Bonus points for:
- Field operations experience (carpenter, foreman, subcontractor, etc)
- Experience using OST (On Screen Takeoff) software
- Knowledge of CSI
Each day, we strive to provide and deliver more – for our clients and teammates alike. Rockford offers competitive compensation, comprehensive healthcare plans, generous paid time off, continued learning and training opportunities, on-site fitness activities, tuition reimbursement, 401K with company match, and flexible scheduling.