We are looking for an Accounting Manager for our Real Estate Development division. The Accounting Manager role is an active management role that will assist with overseeing financial activities for the Development team, collaborate with the development team along with maintaining a set amount of properties. The selected candidate will work closely with Development team to execute company objectives. To be successful in this position you will need to be reliable, have an analytical mentality, be astute with numbers, have a sharp business acumen and communicate effectively.
If this describes you to a "T" apply for this position today! At Rockford Construction you will work in a fun, team atmosphere in a really cool building.
- A Bachelors degree in accounting/related field or Five (5) years of accounting management experience
- Enjoy working in a collaborative team atmosphere
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving mentality
- The ability to organize, prioritize, and adapt to a fast paced environment.
- Superior oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of MS Office Suites
- Establish and maintain fiscal files and records to document transactions
- Assign projects and direct staff to ensure compliance and accuracy.
- Meet financial accounting objectives.
- Provide recommendations to improve systems and procedures and initiate corrective actions
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- The ability to lead and manage a team
Bonus points for:
- A Masters degree in accounting or related field
- Understanding of real estate and construction accounting
- Experience with sworn statements, contracts/administration, lien waivers
- Experience with Yardi software
- Understanding of Real Estate tax
- Proven working experience as Accounting Manager, Accounting Supervisor or Finance Manager
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting software and databases
Each day, we strive to provide and deliver more – for our clients and teammates alike. Rockford offers competitive compensation, comprehensive healthcare plans, generous paid time off, continued learning and training opportunities, on-site fitness activities, tuition reimbursement, 401K with company match, and flexible scheduling.