Construction Project Manager - South East Michigan
We are looking for an Construction Project Manager to plan and supervise a wide range of construction projects from start to finish. You will organize and oversee the construction process and ensure projects are completed in a timely and efficient manner. As a Construction Project Manager at Rockford Construction, you must be well-versed in all construction methodologies and procedures and able to coordinate a team of professionals of different disciplines to achieve the best results. The ideal candidate will have an analytical mind, construction estimating experience, and great organizational skills. The goal will be to ensure all projects are delivered on time according to requirements and without exceeding budget.
If you have phenomenal communication and project management skills, apply today and become a part of our dynamic Florida team.
You must have:
- Proven experience as a construction project manager (minimum of three years commercial construction experience)
- In-depth understanding of construction procedures and material and project management principles
- The ability to travel within the U.S. and abroad.
- Familiarity with quality, health and safety standards
- Familiarity with construction/project management software
- Outstanding oral and written communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to read blueprints
- Ability to negotiate and manage contractual arrangements
- Knowledge of the operating practices of construction, architectural, and building firms
Bonus points for:
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management or related field experience
- Good working knowledge of MS Office including Project
- Familiarity with construction/project management software such as PlanGrid and BlueBeam
- PMP or equivalent certification a plus
Type of Environment: The work environment for this position is a mix of a typical office environment and visits to construction project sites. When in the office, the physical demands require the ability to sit for long periods of time. Intermittent movement will be necessary to perform requirements of the position such as accessing centrally located office equipment.
Environmental Factors: Visits to construction project sites may involve travel and overnight stays. Site visits may subject the individual to hazards commonly associated with construction sites. Examples of physical hazards include noise, proximity to moving vehicles, atmospheric conditions, close quarters, uneven surfaces, and elevated surfaces. The individual may also be subjected to outside environmental conditions (weather) where protection may not be available. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required outside of the Job Trailer.
Each day, we strive to provide and deliver more – for our clients and teammates alike. Rockford offers competitive compensation, comprehensive healthcare plans, generous paid time off, continued learning and training opportunities, on-site fitness activities, tuition reimbursement, 401K with company match, and flexible scheduling.