We are looking for a Property Accountant who is ready to work hard and have fun doing it. You will prepare financial statements and handle all accounting functions from beginning to end on assigned properties. The Property Accountant will work closely with the Rockford Development, Property Management, and Construction Management teams to execute company objectives. You should be reliable, analytical, and able to communicate effectively with multiple levels of management, clients, investors and staff. You must be detail-oriented and possess sharp business acumen.
Apply today, if you want to join the Rockford Construction team culture and work in a cool building with great people!
- Prepare regular entries for property management and development properties
- Perform monthly rent invoicing and enter tenant receipts
- Perform security deposit accounting at tenant/client move out
- Reconcile bank statements and monitor cash balances
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial statements
- Assemble month-end property reports for management and investors
- Assist in annual budget preparation
- Prepare year-end financial statements and workpapers for external tax preparers
- Record property acquisitions and sales
- Create ad-hoc reports as necessary for cash-flow analysis, capital spending, rent roll, etc.
- Assist in annual CAM Reconciliation
- Process tenant improvement applications for payment and construction draws
- Collaborate with staff across departments on other projects as assigned
You must have:
- A Bachelor's degree in accounting from an accredited institution or equivalent experience
- Basic knowledge of accounting software programs
- Hands on experience with advanced Excel functions
- The ability to organize, prioritize, and manage multiple tasks
- Superior oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- A working knowledge of MS Office, including strong skills in Word and Outlook
Bonus points for:
- Two or more years of experience in property management accounting
- Experience in real estate accounting
- Experience with Yardi software
Each day, we strive to provide and deliver more – for our clients and teammates alike. Rockford offers competitive compensation, comprehensive healthcare plans, generous paid time off, continued learning and training opportunities, on-site fitness activities, tuition reimbursement, 401K with company match, and flexible scheduling.