Are you looking to utilize your years of experience in the construction industry? Look no further! Rockford Construction is currently searching for a Superintendent to oversee one of our dynamic Retail projects.
The Superintendent position at Rockford Construction will manage all field operations on the project(s) assigned in order to achieve timely and profitable completion. Our Superintendents directly supervise processes and field labor force, including but not limited to laborers, trade contractors, field engineers, and craft workers. As a Superintendent you must be a strong leader, communicator, and advocate for team collaboration, safety, and innovation, and must have the ability to lead, manage, cultivate and mentor team members to promote their professional growth. This position must demonstrate organizational and time management skills, as well as have robust communication and client service skills.
If you are looking to work at a progressive construction company that knows how to take care of their field staff, please apply now!
- You must have:
- Bachelors in Construction Management or years of equivalent experience
- Knowledge and understanding of managing Retail projects
- Been the lead or played a part in managing a Retail project
- Must have demonstrated the ability to manage logistical and mentally complex jobs.
- Certifications in First Aid/CPR.
- OSHA training.
- Ability to read and comprehend complex instructions, correspondence, memos, blueprints and floor plans.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
Bonus points for:
- Experience in leading large scale retail projects
- MS Project training/certification
- Knowledge of CSI format
Environmental Factors: The work environment for this position may subject the individual to hazards commonly associated with construction sites. Examples of physical hazards include noise, proximity to moving vehicles, atmospheric conditions, close quarters, uneven surfaces, and elevated surfaces. The individual may also be subjected to outside environmental conditions (weather) where protection may not be available. Persona Protective Equipment (PPE) is required at all times outside of the Job Trailer. The work environment for this position may also include occasional visits to the corporate office and job site trailer, the physical demands require the ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Each day, we strive to provide and deliver more – for our clients and teammates alike. Rockford offers competitive compensation, comprehensive healthcare plans, generous paid time off, continued learning and training opportunities, on-site fitness activities, tuition reimbursement, 401K with company match, and flexible scheduling.