Do you have experience in facilities maintenance and looking to work with a company who is established in the Michigan and across the US? We are hiring an experienced full-time Maintenance Technician to work on our Property Management Team
The Maintenance Technician will undertake the responsibility to preserve the good condition and functionality of Rockford Construction properties. You will perform maintenance tasks of great variety such as painting, HVAC installations, landscaping etc. A Maintenance Technician is a thorough professional with a practical mind and attention to detail. The ideal candidate will be able to work autonomously and responsibly by observing all health and safety guidelines. The goal is to maintain the buildings and common areas in the best possible condition.
You must have:
- A high school diploma
- 3-5 years’ experience in facility maintenance
- Familiarity with commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the facility maintenance field.
- Experience with coordinating and supervising vendors.
- Experience in the general inspections of properties/buildings and maintaining inspection logs for fire inspection systems, cooling tower treatments, generator inspections, and maintenance logs in compliance with all federal, state, and city regulations.
- Knowledge in procedures and safety measures in areas of specialties used.
- The ability to communicate effectively with tenants and other team members.
- Exceptional organizational and problem solving skills and the ability to prioritize.
- Experience with MS Office – Proficient in Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- The ability to participate in a rotating on-call schedule.
- A valid Driver's License
Bonus points for:
- Web-based Work Order and/or Yardi experience l
- Having any of the position-related certificates such as HVAC, building maintenance technology, etc
- Having First Aid and CPR certifications
Environmental Factors: The work environment for this position is a mix of a typical office environment and visits to construction project sites. Requires physical ability to climb ladders and heavy lifting at times. When in the office, the physical demands require the ability to sit for long periods of time. Intermittent movement will be necessary to perform requirements of the position such as accessing centrally located office equipment.
Visits to construction project sites may involve travel. Site visits may subject the individual to hazards commonly associated with construction sites. Examples of physical hazards include noise, proximity to moving vehicles, atmospheric conditions, close quarters, uneven surfaces, and elevated surfaces. The individual may also be subjected to outside environmental conditions (weather) where protection may not be available. .
Each day, we strive to provide and deliver more – for our clients and teammates alike. Rockford offers competitive compensation, comprehensive healthcare plans, generous paid time off, continued learning and training opportunities, on-site fitness activities, tuition reimbursement, 401K with company match, and flexible scheduling.