Superintendent - British Virgin Islands
We are looking for an experienced Superintendent to work with our Florida team on a project located in the British Virgin Islands. The Superintendent will oversee the management of all field operations on the project(s) assigned in order to achieve timely and profitable completion. Superintendent may directly supervise labor force, including but not limited to laborers, subcontractors, field engineers, and craft workers. The ideal candidate must be a strong leader, a good communicator, and advocate for team collaboration, safety, and innovation. Must have the ability to lead, manage, cultivate and mentor team members to promote their professional growth. This position must have the ability to supervise two or more professional level positions and must demonstrate organizational and time management skills, as well as have robust communication and client service skills.
If this sounds like a good fit for you, apply now and become part of our Rockford Construction family!
You must have:
- 5 or more years of experience as a construction superintendent or related field
- Minimum 5 years managing subcontractors required
- Demonstrated the ability to manage logistical and mentally complex jobs
- Certifications in First Aid/CPR required
- 30 hours in OSHA training required
- Ability to travel
- Ability to read and comprehend complex instructions, correspondence, memos, blueprints and floor plans
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization
- Knowledge and understanding of managing complex large scale commercial construction projects
Bonus points for:
- Experience in leading projects valued at 2 million dollars or more
- A Bachelors in Construction Management
- Proficient in MS Outlook, Project, Excel and Word
- Knowledge of CSI format
- Experience working in the Caribbean Islands
Each day, we strive to provide and deliver more – for our clients and teammates alike. Rockford offers competitive compensation, comprehensive healthcare plans, generous paid time off, continued learning and training opportunities, on-site fitness activities, tuition reimbursement, 401K with company match, and flexible scheduling.