Rockford Construction has a new opportunity that may fit you to a tee. Do you have real estate experience and are you a Paralegal? If so, you are in luck, we are searching for a Paralegal to work alongside our Corporate Counsel team member.
The primary responsibility of this position will be to support and provide paralegal services to the Corporate Counsel and Rockford Construction managers, working on construction matters and transactions, and real estate matters in states in which Rockford Construction conducts business. This position will also assist with leased-space tenant improvements, land-use, energy projects, environmental matters, and real estate transactions including acquisitions and dispositions of real property; and contract performance issues and disputes relating to such matters (collectively, Construction and Real Estate.
If you have real estate experience and exceptional writing/critical thinking skills, please apply now!
You must have:
- Real Estate experience
- A degree in Paralegal studies/related field or relevant work experience
- The organizational skills to provided administrative support to the Corporate Counsel
- The professionals demeanor and skills-set to communicate directly with our development team, lenders, surveyors, environment consultants, municipal officials, title company underwriters, etc. to coordinate, complete closing and appraisals
- Experience drafting court documents
- Proficiency in proofreading and writing
- The ability to assist Corporate Counsel with developing, leading and managing legal processes
- Familiarity with construction law, legal procedures and protocols
- Strong research capabilities and the ability to gather/organize information from multiple sources
- Ability to juggle multiple activities and work under pressure
- Demonstrate initiative and excellent organizational skills, with ability to manage and prioritize a wide variety projects and tasks with tight deadlines
- The ability to solve problems independently while providing an atmosphere of confidentiality and discretion
- The ability to manage the Corporate Counsel Outlook calendar
- Strong skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook
Bonus points for:
- Familiarity with development and construction industries and their processes
- Drafting commercial leases and UCC searches
- Having industry-related certifications
Type of Environment: The work environment for this position is a typical office environment in which physical demands require the ability to sit for long periods of time. Intermittent movement will be necessary to perform requirements of the position such as accessing centrally located office equipment.
Each day, we strive to provide and deliver more – for our clients and teammates alike. Rockford offers competitive compensation, comprehensive healthcare plans, generous paid time off, continued learning and training opportunities, on-site fitness activities, tuition reimbursement, 401K with company match, and flexible scheduling.