Rockford Construction is looking for a qualified Carpenter to self-perform various scopes as it relates to structural, rough and finish carpentry according to specifications. Your job will entail working in diverse settings to produce steady and functional infrastructure and products. A carpenter is an individual with great hand dexterity and an eye for detail. The ideal candidate will also have good knowledge of wood properties and other carpentry materials. Working with little supervision while following all health and safety standards is essential. The goal is to contribute to the construction and maintenance of strong and long-lasting buildings and products. Ability to perform overall and general maintenance tasks of Rockford Construction properties.
You must have:
- High school diploma or GED
- Experience in rough and finish carpentry with basic maintenance knowledge.
- Experience in installation of cabinetry, drywall, hardware, doors, acoustical ceilings
- The ability to read and understand blueprints as it relates to specific responsibilities.
- Knowledgeable basic electrical, plumbing, HVAC, and mechanical duties necessary for routine maintenance.
- Familiarity with all MIOSH and OSHA requirements related to assigned tasks
- A valid Driver’s License
- The ability to travel for this position
- The availability to work one week, 24 hours, on-call emergency rotation
- Basic computer literacy
Bonus points for:
- Understanding contractual relationships at job sites to maintain the scope of work and its execution
- First Aid and CPR Certification
- All certifications for the operation of heavy equipment, such as lifts, boom trucks and bobcats
Environmental Factors: The work environment for this position may subject the individual to hazards commonly associated with construction sites. Examples of physical hazards include noise, proximity to moving vehicles, atmospheric conditions, close quarters, uneven surfaces, and elevated surfaces. The individual may also be subjected to outside environmental conditions (weather) where protection may not be available. The individual will be subject to frequent lifting of 50 lbs, bending, stooping, kneeling, and climbing. Use of power tools will be frequent. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required onsite at all times.
Each day, we strive to provide and deliver more – for our clients and teammates alike. Rockford offers competitive compensation, comprehensive healthcare plans, generous paid time off, continued learning and training opportunities, on-site fitness activites, tuition reimbursement, 401K with company match, and flexible scheduling.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!