We are looking for an experienced General Foreman to work in our Trades Department. You will be responsible for the coordination of operations and oversight of our various levels of Foremen and Carpenters at construction sites, while also working with the Project Managers on schedules and workload.
The primary responsibility of the General Foreman will be to directly supervise and schedule carpenters and foremen and cultivates Rockford's high standard of safety practices in the field. This team member will also have administrative tasks including being a part of the hiring process, performance evaluations and managing labor costs.
The ideal candidate must be a strong leader, a good communicator, and advocate for team collaboration, safety, and innovation. Must have the ability to lead, manage, cultivate and mentor team members to promote their professional growth. This position must have the ability to supervise entry level and seasoned field staff.
You must have:
- 10 or more years of experience in a leadership role in commercial construction or related field
- Minimum 5 years managing subcontractors
- Hands on experience with carpentry, plumbing, siding, framing, post-frame construction, roofing
- Demonstrated the ability to manage logistical and mentally complex jobs
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills
- OSHA training
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office, including skills in Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Ability to travel to job sites in Michigan and out of state
- Ability to read and comprehend complex instructions, correspondence, memos, blueprints and floor plans
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to team members, clients and other construction-related companies
Bonus points for:
- Experience in leading projects
- A Bachelors in Construction Management
- Experience with PlanGrid
- Certifications in First Aid/CPR
- Certification in Storm Water Management
- Knowledge of CSI format
Each day, we strive to provide and deliver more – for our clients and teammates alike. Rockford offers competitive compensation, comprehensive healthcare plans, generous paid time off, continued learning and training opportunities, on-site fitness activities, tuition reimbursement, 401K with company match, and flexible scheduling.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!