We are looking for an Accounting Manager to lead our Property Management accounting team. The Accounting Manager role is an active management role that will assist with overseeing financial activities for the Property Management division, manage day-to-day activities of accounting staff along with maintaining a set amount of properties. The selected candidate will work closely with Rockford Construction's Property Management team to execute company objectives. To be successful in this position you will need to be reliable, have an analytical mentality, be astute with numbers, have a sharp business acumen and communicate effectively.
If this describes you to a "T" apply for this position today! At Rockford Construction you will work in a fun, team atmosphere in a really cool building.
- A Bachelors degree in accounting/related field or Five (5) years of accounting management experience
- The ability to lead and manage a team
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving mentality
- The ability to organize, prioritize, and manage multiple tasks
- Superior oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of MS Office Suites
- Establish and maintain fiscal files and records to document transactions
- Assign projects and direct staff to ensure compliance and accuracy.
- Meet financial accounting objectives.
- Provide recommendations to improve systems and procedures and initiate corrective actions
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to direct and supervise
- Proven knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations
Bonus points for:
- A Masters degree in accounting or related field
- Property management experience
- Experience with sworn statements, contracts/administration, lien waivers
- Experience with Yardi software
- Proven working experience as Accounting Manager, Accounting Supervisor or Finance Manager
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting software and databases
- Tax Background
Each day, we strive to provide and deliver more – for our clients and teammates alike. Rockford offers competitive compensation, comprehensive healthcare plans, generous paid time off, continued learning and training opportunities, on-site fitness activities, tuition reimbursement, 401K with company match, and flexible scheduling.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!