We are looking for an AP Accountant to perform accounting tasks for the maintenance and processing of accounts payable transactions for assigned construction projects. You will work closely with the Rockford Construction management team to execute company objectives. Some daily tasks include working with sworn statement, purchase orders, contracts, corresponding via phone/email to trade contractors and vendors.
The ideal candidate is reliable, has an analytical mentality, is astute with numbers, has a sharp business acumen and communicates effectively. Working with multiple levels of management, subcontractors, vendors and various departments is key to this position. If this describes you to a "T" apply for this position! At Rockford Construction you will work in fun, team atmosphere in a really cool building.
You must have
- A Bachelor's degree in accounting or four plus years of experience in accounting
- Hands on experience with Excel functions
- The confidence to communicate with vendors and trade contractors on a daily basis
- Excellent customer service
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving mentality
- The ability to organize, prioritize, and manage multiple tasks
- Superior oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of MS Office Suites
Bonus points for:
- A Bachelor's degree in accounting
- Knowledge of Sales and Use Tax requirements
- Experience in construction accounting
- Experience with sworn statements, contracts/administration, lien waivers
- Experience with Timberline software
Each day, we strive to provide and deliver more – for our clients and teammates alike. Rockford offers competitive compensation, comprehensive healthcare plans, generous paid time off, continued learning and training opportunities, on-site fitness activities, tuition reimbursement, 401K with company match, and flexible scheduling.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!